Am I Performance Ready
Am I Performance Ready?
- Assemble and prepare your concert wardrobe in advance. Concert wardrobe should be freshly laundered and pressed.
- Hair and body, clean and fresh.
- Hair (boys and girls) pulled off the face and off the shoulders in full pony-tail, french braid or bun (buns at the back of the head, braids and pony-tails straight down the back). Shorter hair should be secured with a head band. Fly-a-ways gelled and secured with a clip or bobby pin. Hair ties and head bands should be black or the color of hair with no decoration. Bangs should be secured away from the face so the eye brows can be seen. There should be no hair hanging on or over the singer’s shoulders.
- Make-up should be soft and natural. Remove colored nail polish. If singer has gel nail polish it will need to be removed by a nail professional prior to arriving at the concert venue.
- Personal jewelry should be removed (stud earring are acceptable for girls). No dangling earrings, watches, bracelets or necklaces (other than pearls for Dolce and Crescendo girls). Please note that “cause” bracelets (Livestrong, etc….) are not permitted.
- Hems: Allegro skirts – hemmed to rest just above the knee cap; Brio dresses and Crescendo dresses hemmed just below the knee cap. Dolce dresses hemmed to top of shoe relaxing gently over the toe of shoe. Pants hemmed to touch & slightly relax on top of shoe so socks do not show and the pant does not touch the floor or “pool” excessively over the shoe. If possible, avoid cutting off excess fabric when hemming – that way they can be lengthened if necessary in the future.
- Shirts: Cuffs should rest on the wrist bone. When arms are raised shirt should not come un-tucked.
- SCC Polo shirt- when worn: top button undone, no T-shirt underneath – untucked.
- Singers should plan to arrive to a rehearsal/concert/event at least 10 minutes before call time. On time is late. Please do not enter the rehearsal site or venue earlier than 15 minutes before call – there is no supervision and, in the case of our concert venues, we have a contracted start and end times that must be adhered to.
- Please arrive at concert venues fully dressed in indicated concert wear unless otherwise directed.
- Leave cell phones and electronics at home or in the care of a parent or guardian. Cell phones will be collected by SCC volunteer if they become disruptive during events. No cell phones are allowed on stage during any performance.
- Singers should not enter the venue seating area during the intermission or anytime that audience members are present before the concert unless directed by an authorized SCC staff member or volunteer.
- Singers are requested to remain in full concert dress until they are out of concert venue. Please do not remove ties or vests, un-tuck shirts or change shoes when members of the audience are still present.
- Singers are expected to respect the authority of authorized volunteers and SCC staff. Zero tolerance policy. Singers who violate this policy are at risk of being sent home. Please see wardrobe information on our website for details about concert wear
A LIMITED NUMBER OF TIES, SASHES AND PEARLS ARE AVAILABLE FOR SALE AT THE CONCERTS. VESTS, PANTS, SHIRTS, SKIRTS, DRESSES AND SHOES ARE NOT AVAILABLE TO LOAN. CONCERT WEAR AND ALL REQUIRED ACCESSORIES AND GROOMING ARE REQUIRED ON STAGE